Paramedic Operations Manager
The Ruby Valley Hospital is accepting applications for a Paramedic Operations Manager. This is a full-time position and qualifies for benefits.
Responsible for overseeing the day to day function of Ruby Valley EMS Operations. The Operations Manager will work with and lead all members of the local team to develop, implement and maintain necessary reports and documentation, to ensure compliance with established operational goals and objectives, and make financial decisions in accordance with his/her assigned fiscal and volume budgets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides direction, leadership and day to day management of the service, inclusive of marketing, communications, and fleet maintenance.
- Assists with the development, implementation, and enforcement of policies, procedures and guidelines which promote sound patient care, customer service, employee health and safety and minimizes risk and liability.
- Ensures tracking and management of Patient Care Report completeness and quality; develops, implements and administers programs which account for all Patient Care Reports.
- Ensures patient documentation standards meet or exceed the Billing standards and provide for maximal reimbursement.
- Actively participates in local and state associations/meetings representing Ruby Valley EMS as requested and attending conferences, seminars and meetings.
- Implements programs which ensure cleanliness and readiness for duty of Ambulances and Station.
- Ensures all Ambulances are appropriately stocked and outfitted to comply with local, county, state, and federal requirements and local Medical Direction Standards.
- Ensures compliance with local policies and Medical Direction requirements governing New Employee Orientation Programs; oversees New Employee Orientation Programs to ensure that new employees receive comprehensive exposure and training for ongoing quality and employee satisfaction.
- Submits weekly/monthly reports as requested to include staffing variations, significant events, unit hour deployment, scheduling efficiency, unit hour utilization, and recommendations for system improvement.
- Researches/develops new or revised procedures, concepts, and techniques relevant to quality care and service; works with employees to correct deficiencies or to strengthen the level of service as needed.
- Oversees recruiting, retention, separations, disciplinary actions, salary actions, and annual performance reviews.
- Provides problem-solving assistance and mentoring to less-experienced team members. Teams with duty crew personnel to respond to incidents as required ensuring minimum disruption of service and providing leadership and direction during Disaster Operations.
- Assists with and/or lead special projects and assignments as requested.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Provides day to day leadership and oversight of the service and associated responsibilities.
- Adheres to and promote all local policies, standards and protocols.
- Maintains standards for health, safety, welfare and ethical behavior.
- Conducts self in a professional manner and provide leadership by example.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors Degree in a related field preferred; combination of education and experience considered. Seven (7) or more years of overall EMS experience required.
- Three (3) or more years EMS Supervisor/Management experience.
- Combination of experience and education considered.
- Three (3) or more years as a EMT/Paramedic preferred
- Basic knowledge of Accounting software; Contact Management systems; Database software; Internet software; Project Management software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS
- Current Paramedic/EMT license.
- ACLS certification.
- BTLS, PHTLS, or ITLS required.
- PEPP, PALS, or other equivalent pediatric course. Valid state driver’s license with proper endorsements as required by state.
- EVOC or equal Defensive Driving certification.
- Current version of NIMS training IS-100 and IS-700
- An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability
Contact Katherine Tetrault, Director, Ruby Valley Emergency Medical Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Christine Partelow, Director of Human Resources at or (406) 842-5453 for questions and interest.
To apply on-line, please click on the link below or mail your resume and cover letter to -
Ruby Valley Medical Center
321 Madison Street
P.O. Box 336
Sheridan, MT 59749-0336
c/o Christine Partelow
Director of Human Resources
This position will be open until filled.