Information Systems Director
The Ruby Valley Hospital is accepting applications for a full-time, Network Administrator. This position qualifies for benefits.
The Network Administrator position provides technical support for the hospital computing and networked resources. Microsoft Windows operating systems are the dominant platform with a variety of application software. The Administrator must document the systems in use and keep their own knowledge up to date. While the Admin will not have primary responsibility for all electronic systems in the facility, they will need to assist in selecting and troubleshooting equipment that interfaces with the servers, workstations & network. Periodically the Admin will assist other departments in reviewing their tools (software) and workflows to optimize the use of software or networked resources.
- Provide computer/network support relating to software and hardware problems reported by users.
- Maintain an adequate level of knowledge of operating systems, hardware, networking equipment and application software being used to provide high levels of support to users.
- Monitor and evaluate efficiency of software/hardware usage, recommending upgrades, changes, and training for end users as needed.
- Install new software applications or hardware (workstations, medical equipment) on the LAN, coordinating assistance from third parties when necessary.
- Add and maintain users on the network; assigning application access, ensuring security, and maintaining their configurations are within standards.
- Participate in Team meetings, providing input and suggestions.
- Assist in gathering bid prices on equipment and supplies as needed.
- Provide written document on a quarterly basis which defines upcoming needs of network which would require purchase of additional hardware or software.
- Monitor and report licenses on applications to ensure compliance on a quarterly basis.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Technical Capacity.
Required Education and Experience
Previous IT support experience required.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Three years+ of user and/or application support.
- Experience Supporting Windows Server Platforms
- Experience with Medical IT requirements (HIPAA)
- Networking Experience (TCP/IP troubleshooting)
Important factors that will be considered in our evaluation will be -
- Previous system administration experience
- Candidate doesn't have to know everything but must be willing to work on everything with guidance and a commitment to learning
- Should be familiar with servers, networking, firewalls, and work stations
- Should be familiar with HIPAA in a healthcare setting
- Must be willing to work full-time and be on-call as necessary.
To apply on-line, please click on the link below or mail your resume and cover letter to -
Ruby Valley Medical Center
321 Madison Street
P.O. Box 336
Sheridan, MT 59749-0336
c/o Robin Stafford
Human Resources Administrative Assistant
This position will be open until filled.