Environmental Services Worker, Part-Time
The Ruby Valley Hospital is accepting applications for a part-time Environmental Services Worker. In addition to the job functions below, all applicants need to be available to work nights and weekends. 16-18 hours a week. This is not a benefits eligible position.
The Environmental Services employee works under the supervision of the Environmental Services Manager. The Environmental Services Worker provides basic and specialty cleaning to all areas of the hospital including patient rooms, offices, hallways, floors, and public environments in order to keep the facility sanitary, safe, and attractive.
The following is a list of essential job accountabilities that may or may not be required to be completely on a daily basis as directed by the Environmental Services Manager:
- Dusting, cleaning, and disinfecting vents, furniture, woodwork, bathroom fixtures, showers, baths, whirlpools, and portable equipment.
- Collect and transport infectious and regular trash to appropriate receptacles.
- Replenish and distribute linen goods after removing soiled linen.
- Washing and making beds.
- Cleaning and disinfecting surgical procedures rooms.
- Wash ceilings and walls.
- Sweep and mop hallways and public areas.
- Clean and disinfect all sinks and toilets
- Spot cleaning, vacuuming, and/or shampooing carpets.
- Operate all manual, battery-operated, and electric equipment essential to the position.
- Clean and maintain equipment such as cleaning cart and janitor’s closet.
- Monitor cleaning supplies and notify manager when more is needed.
- Wear protective gear appropriate to job assignment.
- Participate in all hospital required Safety, Risk Management, and Infection Control practices and training.
- To cooperate with other personnel to achieve departmental objectives and good employee relations.
- No known sensitivity or allergies to cleaning chemicals and/or latex.
- Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- 1-2 years’ experience in Environmental Services.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Routine maintenance skills and experience a plus.
If you are interested in this position, please contact: Christine Partelow, Director of Human Resources at (406) 842-5453.
To apply on-line, please click on the link below or mail your resume and cover letter to -
Ruby Valley Medical Center
321 Madison Street
P.O. Box 336
Sheridan, MT 59749-0336
c/o Christine Partelow
Director of Human Resources
This position will be open until filled.